The ECE course is a five-day training that provides Elastix® administrators and integrators, with advanced knowledge and skills to design IP telephony Implementations, create distributed dial plans for large organization and solve common problems.
This course is part of the training for ECE Certification.
This course has a total of 40 hours of training. Classes begin around 9:00 am each day and extend to 5:00 pm depending on the activity and pace of the instructor and class. Sometimes classes extend when students consult and participate with enthusiasm.
The fifth day classes run to 1:00 pm approximately. The certification exam is taken after completion of training and lasts two hours.
This course has a total of 27 theoretical chapters and 21 practices, all of them aimed to dominate the day-to-day operation of advanced communications.
Linux for Elastix administrators
FreePBX inner operation
Elastix Basic Setup
IP telephone configuration
Advance Dial plan
Asterisk: AGI y AMI
Elastix: Advance Setup
Elastix remote Interconnection
SIP, IAX and RTP protocols
Elastix Email System
Elastix Fax System
Instant messaging in Elastix
Speech synthesis and recognition
Performance and dimensioning
Security Recommended Practices
Call Center module
|Lab 1: Installing Elastix
Lab 2: Linux for Elastix administrators
Lab 3: Elastix Basic Setup
Lab 4: Hardware configuration
Lab 5: Asterisk
Lab 6: Advance Dial plan
Lab 7: AGI y AMI
Lab 8: Elastix remote interconnection
Lab 9: Voice Quality
Lab 10: SIP, IAX and RTP protocols
Lab 11: Basic diagnose
Lab 12: Email System
Lab 13: Fax System
Lab 14: Instant messaging in Elastix
Lab 15: Speech synthesis
Lab 16: Performance
Lab 17: Security Recommended Practices
Lab 18: Debugging
Lab 19: DUNDi
Each attendee will receive the following materials:
- A telephony card
- An IP telephone
- Elastix Unified Communications Vol.1
- Elastix Unified Communications Vol.2
- A Backpack
- An Elastix cap
- An Elastix polo shirt
- Support material for Labs and classes
Consult with your Certified Testing Center for a complete list of additional materials.
ECE - Requirements
- Reading the book: Unified Communications with Elastix Vol.1 and Vol.2 (Official text book of ECE and ECT courses)
- Basic knowledge of file edition and manipulation under Linux
- General knowledge on telephony
- General knowledge on VoIP, specially signaling protocols, codecs, etc.
- To install Elastix® on a server or a virtual machine.
The certification program staff has prepared the necessary information to review each request and complete it before you take the course.
- Unified Communications with Elastix Vol.1 and Vol.2. - You can find a free publication at www.elastixbook.com
- Introduction to Telephony. - Review chapter 1 of the textbook. It is also recommended to review the presentation available at Introduction to Telephony - Slide
- Introduction to VoIP. - Review chapter 2 of the textbook. It is also recommended to review the presentation available at Introduction to VoIP - Slide
- Elastix Installation. - Review chapter 5 of the textbook. It is also recommended to review the presentation available at Elastix Installation - Slide
- Elastix Installation: Download practice 1 here
- Basic knowledge on Linux: Download practice 2 here. Note: You must perform this practice after the Elastix installation.
It is also useful to subscribe to Elastix® forum and mailing lists. You will find answer to common problems and configurations.
The ECE certification (Elastix Certified Engineer) is part of this course. This certification is performed at the end of the training on the testing center facilities. Please note that taking this course does not guarantee that you will pass the ECE exam.
Sign up now and be a part of the select group of Elastix® Certified Professionals
Important notes about the Certification
- The training and official certification material is the textbook: Unified Communications with Elastix Vol.1 and Vol.2
- You can find a free publication at: www.elastixbook.com
- Taking the course does not guarantee that the attendee will pass the Certification exam.
- The training is an important tool to prepare the student but it is important to review the material, prior and during the course.
- The attendee can take the exam at the end of the training.
- The value of the certification exam is included on the price of this course.
- If the attendee fails he has one additional chance to take the exam and it will have to be scheduled for another date.
- All second attempts have a fee.
- All re-scheduled attempts has a fee.
- If the attendee cannot take the exam at the end of the training, his/her attempt will be re-scheduled.
- The Certification test can be taken only at the end of the training or at any Elastix Certified Testing Center.
- It is not the responsibility of Elastix or the Testing Center if the attendee fails the certification exam.